Why use Biodegradable BBs?
^^^^^^ CLICK A TAB FROM ABOVE TO CHOOSE A TOPIC ^^^^^^
Why use biodegradable BBs?
Why Use Biodegradable BBs? What are Biodegradable BBs made from?
There are plenty of good reasons to use biodegradable BBs. But first let's take a look at the difference between plastic BBs and biodegradable BBs -
- Plastic BBs are made of an ABS plastic blended with various fillers. ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Stryrene) is a common thermoplastic used to make everything from children's toys (like LEGO blocks) to building materials and car parts.
- ABS plastic is made from petroleum.
- ABS plastic does not biodegrade (break down in the environment) - EVER. Every single plastic BB that is shot or dropped on an airsoft field will continue to exist where ever it lands for thousands of years. (Yes, really!)
- Biodegradable BBs are made from starch-based bioplastics produced from sustainable farming methods. Bioplastics can be composed of starches, cellulose, biopolymers and a variety of other materials.
- Biodegradable BBs break down into substances that are non-toxic and completely disappear into the soil over time.
- The amount of time it takes for a BB to biodegrade varies depending on humidity, temperature and light exposure. Biodegradation can take as little as 30 days or up to 180 days.
So after comparing plastic BBs to biodegradable BBs, it is easy to see that using biodegradable BBs is an environmentally responsible thing to do.
By using biodegradable BBs we are accomplishing many things:
- We are keeping our playing fields clean and environmentally sound.
- We are not creating needless pollution that will remain on Earth long after we are all gone.
- We are helping to protect wildlife that lives in these fields.
- We are preserving the land for future generations.
Please see: Leave No Trace https://lnt.org/
How are airsoft guns/BBs made?
Why play at an airsoft field?
Why mesh goggles are NOT safe!
BASIC BB INFO
How To Start Playing Airsoft
Support Your Local Airsoft Store